Sunday, January 31, 2010

Notions of Identity

I question gender & race with my Goddess of Transformation. Reclaiming the image of blackness as an emblem of power. A GODDESS has no Nationality & Black is all colors together. Silence and fear are in your eyes when I come walking down the street. Breath Breath Breath I search for inner growth. You judge and punish me before I begin... when all I have is praise, power, and patience. In my last performance with NYSAT New York street advertising take over, I was not able to perform my number because of a man filled with fear and anger opposing me, and preventing me form reaching my canvas. This is all on video. Which brings me to the reason for this blog today. This was all filmed on a (high8) I do not have access to making this digital so I can edit and upload it. If any of my friends or readers have advise for me, please leave me a comment. The sooner I get this digitized the more progress we make.

No comments: