Friday, December 25, 2009

The walk home, the rain failing lightly on the dirty snow of NYC, I am walking down Houston my Mission to return to Brooklyn with trees. The holidays threw me for a loop. I must complete my lists before New Years... As I walk the voices begin to rise. *** *** is dead, can you believe it *** *** is dead. I get to rest tonight. Time to thank for all my accomplishments. How did *** *** die, it was an attack of the heart, so painful to watch I tell you. But now we must move on. You see there seems to be a corporation in my head, ME, MYSELF & I. That night on my way home they needed to vent. The plan was, to train at work. Starting at 7 pm, but it was a slow day and knowing that the rest of the week is going to be busy, they offered me the evening off. So as I walk toward the L train, taking the longest possible route to 1st and 14th. As I reach 1st ave I get a call... Sure come by. I enter an old apt with a tub in the kitchen. Can you believe this I have been living in NYC for 12 years and this is the first time I am in an apartment with a full vintage tub in the kitchen, I can't get past the visual, I just want to sit in there and the let the shower run over me while watching you make coffee.... wow I got to go. So now WE are walking again. I enjoy being alone in the city tonight. There are few people out, including traffic. walking down to canal street. A place I normally would avoid in the day. It's quiet the red lights glisten in the rain. German tourists are talking behind me. The girl has beautiful full lips no lipstick but the are red from the cold.

I love my long black Jacket I can continue to zig zag through the city in the rain, Masotta I am thinking of walking in the rain for hours. I get on the train . Take out my google phone as I wait begin to play games. I board the train with out looking but sure I am facing the right side, how many time have I taken this train... When we get to the next station I jump out and question my instinct only to board the next train swiftly as though I am in an Indiana Jones movie. I check and NOW I AM ON THE WRONG TRAIN. Giggling to myself I realize I don't want to go home yet. I get out an walk again in the rain with the lights and the quiet solace of the city. I HEART NY. Feeling alive in a simple walk.

No comments: